AFF PAST EVENTS
Abu Dhabi – UAE
March 28 & 29, 2018
This two-day workshop, led by Soushiant Zanganehpour, co-founder of Tribeca Impact Partners, aimed to help participants build on or improve upon their existing measurement and evaluation framework to be more fit-for-purpose to the cause on which their philanthropic entity is focused.
The content focused on identifying the right metrics, assessing various measurement periods and methods, understanding how many resources to allocate for measurement, and reviewed case studies and complementary methodologies for making M&E a more useful, high value, and dynamic management tool to philanthropic organizations, not simply an afterthought.
AN INSIGHT INTO THE DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE SPENDING TRENDS IN THE ARAB REGION
April 16, 2018
Arab Foundations Forum is pleased to announce its first capacity building webinar in 2018 in collaboration with Development Assistance Roadmap Portal in the Middle East (DARPE). We have designed a series of tailored capacity building modules based on your feedback on the topics you would like us to address.
The webinar’s Agenda will include the following:
- Showcasing Country-Specific Development Spending Trends including Most Procuring Donors Agencies, Development Aid Priorities and Allocations
- A walk-through of DARPE platform demonstrating how its information and data will facilitate building informed partnerships, developing and designing projects more thoughtfully
Capacity Building #5: Riyadh, KSA
“ACCELERATED LEADERSHIP TRAINING”
October 2018 – Specific date TBD
Description: This three-day module, led by Bassem Attar, is a journey to discover your natural leadership style and expand your ability to use other styles in different situations. Develop your “Emotional Intelligence” and your ability to understand, persuade & motivate others. Improve your management skills, your ability to plan, organize, solve problems and get things done. Create a balanced workplace through the three human values of Power, Achievement and Relationships. And achieve results by managing your team, delegating effectively and setting measurable objectives.
Lead trainer: Bassem Attar
Capacity Building #6: Amman, Jordan
Description: Building on the success of the Inspired Leader module in Cairo in November 2017 and the request from members, AFF is co-designing this module to become one of our own foundational training exclusively offered to the AFF network.
The module is a three-day program intended to transform leadership through the lenses of values and purpose. This journey enables leaders to:
- Become highly self-aware – learn how to shift their reactive triggers
- Understand what it means when we live our values fully – tapping into the wisdom that sits within our values
- Connect with and align with our purpose, which motivates us to make a difference in our work and life
- Improve our levels of trust, influence, collaboration, and the ability to have courageous conversations
- Solve our business challenges through a higher level of consciousness
Ultimately, the course is designed to highlight the fact that change starts with persons and only then affects organizations: “Organizations do not transform … people do … and it starts with us as leaders”
Lead trainers: Karim Ragab, Hesham El Gamal