- Full Member
- +971 (0)7 233 8060
Executive Director: Dr. Natasha Ridge
Type: Research, Capacity Development, Community Engagement
Focus Region: UAE
Sectors: Education, Public Health, and Urban Development
The Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi Foundation for Policy Research was established in 2009 to aid in the social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah, a northern emirate in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Established through Emiri decree, the Foundation is considered a non-profit, quasi-governmental organization and is the visionary initiative of Sheikh Saud bin Saqr Al Qasimi, UAE Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Ras Al Khaimah. His Highness places great value on education and research, and the Al Qasimi Foundation was created to generate a world-class body of research on Ras Al Khaimah and the broader UAE region, develop local capacity in the public sector, and engage the community in its work.
His Highness seeks to ground policy decisions firmly in relevant bodies of research that reflect the best thinking in the world as well as the local Ras Al Khaimah and U.A.E. contexts. To this end, the Al Qasimi Foundation serves as a bridge between the research and policymaking communities—bringing to scholars’ attention public policy questions important to Ras Al Khaimah, and, in turn, disseminating research findings to promote innovative policy tools and models that will impact positive social change.
The Foundation’s primary focus areas are education, public health, and urban development. The Al Qasimi Foundation approaches its work collaboratively, and aims to establish relationships with talented scholars and world-class universities, innovative public policy research centers, established government institutions, and strategic partners in the private and non-governmental sectors.
Our vision is the sustained social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates and the enhanced capacity, satisfaction, and quality of life for all members of its community, attained through effective public policy research and strategic service delivery.
The Foundation believes in a people-centered approach to equipping the community to find creative, collaborative approaches to aid in the development of Ras Al Khaimah. Accordingly, our mission is to make significant contributions to the social, cultural, and economic development of Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates by:
- Generating and supporting innovative, high-quality research focused on education, public health, and urban development in order to inform decisions and support the creation of relevant, effective public policies.
- Developing and providing strategic services and support to build individual and local capacity in education and the public sector.
- Building a spirit of community, collaboration, and shared vision through purposeful engagement that fosters meaningful relationships among individuals and organizations.
The Al Qasimi Foundation strives to:
- Contribute to the positive development of the PEOPLE and COMMUNITY of Ras Al Khaimah and the United Arab Emirates.
- COLLABORATE with individuals and organizations, both inside and outside of the United Arab Emirates, to further strengthen and enhance the impact of our work.
- Cultivate a culture of RESPECT and demonstrate INCLUSIVENESS for all those around us.
- Achieve the highest QUALITY and levels of PROFESSIONALISM in all we do: our approach to our work, our research, our service offerings, and our engagement activities.
- Approach our work with PASSION and practice INTEGRITY in everything we do.
- Model STEWARDSHIP in the use of community resources, knowledge, and relationships as we work toward advancing our mission.