Below you'll find our Membership Application that you can fill out here online. Please read the membership criteria and instructions carefully. If you have any trouble filling out this application, please contact us.
Foundations or grant-making institutions that are eligible to become Full Members of the Forum should satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Are separately constituted, officially registered, non-profit entities which satisfy the definition of a foundation.
- Are based in and operate in the Arab region.
- Have their own established, reliable and sustainable source of income usually, but not exclusively, from an endowment.
- Have their own governing and decision-making bodies according to the laws of respective countries of registration.
- Have a mission and objectives that support public benefits and serve the Arab society at large and commit to AFF core values.
- Support second parties (e.g. associations, institutions, not-for-profit institutions, individuals), or carry out operational programs at home and abroad.
- Can prove track record of at least two years of active existence, supported by audited financial records.
- Publicize their financial reports annually.
Organizations that are eligible to become Associate Members of the forum should satisfy all of the following criteria:
- Officially registered, non-profit entities, and corporations with institutionalized CSR which are:
- Based and operate in the Arab region.
- Have a mission and objectives that support public benefits and serve the Arab society at large.
- Commit to transparency, accountability, and self regulation.
Associate members can upgrade their membership to Full Members as and when criteria of Full Membership are met and with standard Board approval.
Organizations that are eligible to become Fellow Members of the forum should satisfy the following criteria:
- Meet all the criteria of Full Members or Associate Members but are not based in or headquartered in the Arab region.
- Have a record of grant-making or operations in the Arab region.