Seeking manager with extensive experience in education program management to develop organization’s footprint in Palestine
Location: Ramallah & neighboring villages, West Bank (this position will require regular commute to the villages of Beit Rima and Deir Ghassaneh and other vicinities).
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Program Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the Child-Centered Community Development Program, including assessment, curriculum development, implementation, budgeting, monitoring and evaluation. The Program Manager will also be responsible for growing and replicating the Child-Centered Community Development Program in other villages.
Detailed Description of Duties:
- Develop, manage and execute budgets and program activities according to program goals, donor specifications, work plans, and proposals
- Directly manage 25+ field-based staff through the design of work plans, and the monitoring of team
- Observe and evaluate the needs for staff training, and organize trainings
- Maintain high quality program delivery through design, review and update of curriculum focused on remedial education and extracurricular
- Maintain monitoring and evaluation efforts to make sure that the impact of the program is properly measured and reported, including baseline data collection and regular
- Develop and maintain relationships with program partners, including the MOEHE, the Women’s Association, the overall local community and other program
- Coordinate with the MOEHE, and the local clinic on scheduling health check-ups and process the data for evaluation
- Attend and oversee the program activities in the village at least 4 days per week to ensure the effective running of the
- Monitor activities of the local women’s association and assist in establishing social enterprises by providing business management training and establishing sound financial reporting systems; coordinate nutrition program with the women’s association
- Produce high quality monthly, quarterly, and annual progress reports as well as financial reports to MECI HQ
- Assist with proposal development by providing technical expertise and up to date program results to MECI HQ
- Communicate the impact of the program with donors and MECI
- Promote MECI locally
- Report to MECI’s local Chairman of the Board
- University degree in Education and/or other relevant fields, such as business administration, economic development, information management
- 10+ years of experience in education program management and design
- Experience in budget development and business plans
- Experience managing staff
- Understanding of the social, political and economic context of the West Bank and Gaza and a talent and demonstrated ability for communications with various stakeholders, project staff and beneficiaries.
- Fluency and excellent writing and verbal skills in both Arabic and English (NO EXCEPTIONS)
- Excellent computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office Programs and social media
- Highly organized, detailed and thorough approach to work: high professional standards
- Co-operative, with great working relationship to colleagues
- Proven track record as a team leader and manager
- Excellent time-management skills
- Independent, determined and motivated
- Demonstrated commitment to results-oriented performance
- High energy levels and strong work ethic
Please send CV and cover letter in English with salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate “Program Manager / West Bank” in the Subject Line.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Middle East Children’s Institute (MECI) www.mecinstitute.org is non-profit NGO addressing the educational, psychosocial, health and basic humanitarian needs of children and women in war-torn and impoverished areas in the Middle East.
MECI’s multifaceted and integrated child-centered community development model is facilitating transformational change in local communities through programs in education, women’s empowerment, and community and economic development.
ABOUT THE CHILD-CENTERED COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Since 2007, MECI has been developing and investing in comprehensive after-school and summer camp programs in the villages of Beit Rima and Deir Ghassaneh. The primary program activities take place in four public schools serving 1200+ students. The multifaceted program includes academic support, life skills, health, environmental awareness and psychosocial/enrichment programs in art, music, sports, drama. The program also includes individual and group counseling, as well as community building activities. MECI partners with the local Deir Ghassaneh Women’s Association to promote developing social enterprises and economic development. In 2015, MECI launched the University Scholarship Fund to support graduates from the girl’s secondary school as they pursue university degrees.
- Contribute to the improvement of the well-being of school children in the villages where MECI operates.
- Enrich primary and secondary school children academically, intellectually, and emotionally
- Enhance health standards through provision of basic health services (meals and promotion of healthy lifestyles)
- Equip children with stress relief mechanisms through extra-curricular activities and psychological support
- Empower unemployed women and youth through job creation and entrepreneurship