CEO: Mrs. Hanin Odeh – Director General
Type of Foundation : NGO
Focus Region: Jordan
The Royal Health Awareness Society (RHAS), a Queen Rania initiative, was established in 2005 to promote health awareness and to empower Jordanians to adopt healthy lifestyles and behaviors. RHAS programs are in line with national health priorities in Jordan, and are designed to respond to local community needs nationwide. RHAS implements preventative public health and safety programs based on the right to health for all, targeting school children, youth and the community at large. Health topics of concern include: Non Communicable Diseases (NCDs), hygiene promotion, reproductive health, road safety and injury prevention, healthy nutrition, physical activity, tobacco control and drug abuse prevention.
Raise the health awareness of the Jordanian society through implementing preventative public health and safety programs based on the right to health for all.
Towards a healthy and safe Jordan.
- Improve health knowledge, behaviors, practices, and environment.
- Recognize RHAS as a national and reliable source of information in the health awareness field.
- Sustain RHAS programs through strategic partnerships and advocacy efforts.
- Drive organizational performance to achieve effective results according to high standards.
- Healthy Schools
- Healthy Kitchen
- Think First
- Shababna (youth for health)
- Healthy Community Clinic
- Generations Protected