- Full Member
- (+216) 70 147 155
CEO: Soumaya GHARSALLAH-HIZEM
Establishment: Lira Building - Les jardins du Lac
Av. de la bourse - 1053 Tunis, Tunisie
Type of Foundation : non profit association
Focus Region: Tunisia- MENA Region
Sectors: Art and Culture
Created in 2005, the Foundation is initiated and chaired by Kamel Lazaar, an international financier and a philanthropist of Tunisian origin. A foundation under Swiss law and headquartered in Geneva, the Kamel Lazaar Foundation (KLF) has offices in London and Tunis. KLF produces and supports artistic and cultural projects in the MENA region. Although it is mainly specialized in culture and contemporary visual arts, KLF is becoming increasingly involved in the projects linked to heritage and education. In Tunisia, KLF is represented by a Tunisian association bearing the same name.
- Publications : In addition to the online magazine Ibraaz and its publications , we aim to publish a reference book every two years.
- Exhibitions : We organize exhibitions in partnership with other institutions and cultural organizations , through lending works from our collection or mounting our own exhibitions.
- Conferences and Seminars : On a regular basis ,we organize conference sand seminars that gather eminent specialists in the cultural and artistic scene (researchers ,artists , gallery owners ,academics , etc.) to discuss current issues.
- Initiatives : Each year we launch innovative projects such as Jaou-Tunis, or Maghreb Directory, and Ibraaz channel.
- Patronage : We support each year more than a dozen projects and cultural and artistic activities , mainly in Tunis.
- Producing knowledge and supporting research on visual culture in the MENA region and beyond (Ibraaz, KLF Publishing, etc.);
- Philanthropic activities: supporting artists, artistic events and cultural projects (grants, fellowships, etc.);
- Organizing cultural and artistic events with a view to promoting art and artists in the MENA region (conferences, exhibitions, festivals, etc.);
- Heightening awareness of artistic culture and democratizing art;
- Building a cultural and artistic momentum through the development of debates, dialogues and exchange platforms on visual arts across the region and beyond;
- Initiating educational projects that contribute to the provision of quality education in public schools;
- Preserving heritage through targeted projects (restoration initiatives, raising awareness, etc.);
- Promoting an art collection in order to enhance artistic practices, with the aim of opening contemporary art spaces to develop excellence in visual arts production in the region (Art center, museum, art residencies, etc.)