Director General: Ghaleb Al- Qudah
Type: Multi-purpose Fundraising Foundation
Focus Region: International/Jordan
Sectors: Child Safety & Protection, Community Empowerment
The Jordan River Foundation (JRF) is a Jordanian non-profit, non-governmental organization (NGO) established in 1995 and Chaired by Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah.Since inception, the Foundation has initiated numerous socio-economic projects for women, which aim to provide employment opportunities that in turn enhance their livelihoods. In tandem, these projects also work towards to enhancing women’s knowledge and skills in the production of traditional handicrafts, and in entrepreneurial skills. Such initiatives have succeeded in benefitting thousands of individuals, directly and indirectly, and today they continue to generate income for vulnerable communities and families across the Kingdom.
With the growth of the Foundation, and the evolvement of development in the Country, JRF has widened its approach to include sustainable community investments. By integrating and serving community development needs, the Foundation is now recognized nationally, regionally and internationally as an agent for positive change.
To engage Jordanians to realize their full economic potential and overcome social challenges especially child abuse.
A Jordan where solutions are homegrown, and where the opportunity to prosper is for all, and where the wellbeing of our children shapes our future.
- Improve the socio-economic status of the underprivileged.
- Upgrade skills of local communities and community-based organizations.
- Further the knowledge and accessibility of marginalized communities.
- Re-organize local resources to become more efficient and productive.
- Engage local communities, individuals and institutions in advocacy and decision-making that affect their livelihoods.
- Advocacy and lobbying on policies affecting local development processes.
- To improve child protection and create a safe and healthy environment for Jordanian children.
- To lower the rates of violence against children at home and school in targeted local communities and foster positive family dynamics through prevention programs and early interventions.
- To secure comprehensive rehabilitation services for child victims of violence and their families.
- To educate the general public about definitions, forms, risk factors and consequences of child abuse, and provide insight into developmentally appropriate child-rearing practices.
- To raise the capacity of other child rights and protection organizations nationally through exchange of experiences, education and training.
- Expanding Impact and Profitability.
- Empowering professionals and institutions.
- Jordan River Community Empowerment Program
- Khazma Pilot Project
- Special Development Project
- Tafileh Governorate
- Community Cluster Development Program
- Dibeen Area
- Local Development Initiative in Al- Karak
- Poverty Pockets Programs
- Queen Rania Al Abdullah Community Empowerment Center
- Rasoun Village
- Integrated Rural Development Approach for Women in Bireen
- The Bani Hamida Project
- The Jordan River Designs Project
- Wadi Al Rayyan Project
- Southern Ghor Initiative
- Youth Career Initiative (YCI)
- Youth Work Jordan (YWJ)
- Youth in Aqaba
- Shabab Zain Project
- Qudorat 2
- Revolving Loans Project
- Training & Consultancy:
- Entrepreneurship & Business Development
- Facilitation & Community Mobilization
- Corporations & CBO’s
- Socio-economic Survey
- Training of Trainers
- Local, National, & Regional Consultancies
- Customized Trainings Upon Request