CEO: William S. Reese
Type: National non for profit Organization
Sectors: Education & Employment, Entrepreneurship, Social Innovation
At IYF, we’re dedicated to helping young people succeed. We open doors for youth with a holistic approach that emphasizes life skills in combination with a mix of technical, vocational, and entrepreneurship training. As a result, young people are prepared to enter the workforce, create their own opportunities, and be agents of change in their communities.
At IYF, we believe that educated, employed, and engaged young people possess the power to solve the world’s toughest problems.
For more than 25 years, we’ve led and sustained coordinated action to harness the talent and potential of the world’s youth, now numbering 1.2 billion. At the heart of our efforts is building partnerships, initiatives, and curricula that prepare young men and women to succeed as citizens, employees, entrepreneurs, and change-makers.
IYF envisions a world where all young people achieve their full potential and shape the future with power and confidence.
IYF prepares young people to be healthy, productive, and engaged citizens.
In all our efforts, we achieve effectiveness, scale, and sustainability by creating tailored programming that draws on our strengths:
- Technical and operational expertise: IYF has a decades-long track record of working with corporations big and small to co-design effective workforce development programs.
- Glocal outlook: We adapt programs for local relevance by combining our global perspective with the on-the-ground insights of the IYF global partner network.
- Local capacity building: We introduce systems and processes, from monitoring and evaluation to financial management, to ensure local implementers meet global standards of excellence.
- Thought leadership: We share our authoritative voice in youth employability through research publications, conferences, and case studies.
- Multi-stakeholder alliances: We broker partnerships with corporations, governments, and civil society to make sure youth development efforts are scalable and sustainable.
- Passport to Success: Adapted and delivered in 30 countries, our world-class life skills curriculum prepares young people to stand out as the confident team players employers seek.
- YouthActionNet: Through a year-long global social entrepreneurship fellowship and regional and national institutes, YouthActionNet emboldens a new generation of socially conscious citizens.
- Build Your Business: Complemented by our training, coaching, and workshops, this engaging and flexible IYF entrepreneurship curriculum empowers youth to create their own opportunities.