CEO: Shireen Yacoub
Type of Foundation: Society
Focus Region: MENA region
Sectors: Education, technology
Launched in 2014 by Her Majesty Queen Rania of Jordan, Edraak offers free Arabic Massive Open Online Courses [MOOCs] to Arabic-speaking learners across the World. Growing at 1,200 learners a day, Edraak already reaches 1.2 million. Edraak currently offers 65+ MOOCs and has issued 148K+ certificates.
Edraak.org runs a localized version of Open edX, a technology developed by Harvard and MIT. A hallmark of Edraak’s methodology is pedagogy-driven technology. This constantly leads to a refined and adapted version of the technology that meets educational best practices and corresponds to higher learner success.
Our blended expertise in education and technology offers three unique strengths:
- Data analytics for optimized learner experiences;
- Instructional design for powerful technology and fulfilled learning outcomes; and
- User engagement techniques for maximized user performance and retention.
To revolutionize delivery and access to education across the MENA region in order to enable Arab society to fulfill its potential
To empower 10 million learners across the MENA Region with high-quality Arabic online and blended learning
- Provide Access to free, high-quality Arabic professional and academic content to the Arab-speaking World
- Equip learners with the necessary skills to become active members of the job market
- Empower organizations through sophisticated learning schemes and technology
- Revolutionize the delivery of education across the MENA region